Tuesday, June 30, 2009

After one week:

Tomorrow I want to change our cold potato soup to a chilled tomato coulis that we are going to make with tomatoes from Sid Wainer. They have vine ripened yellow and red. Also we will use some of our opal basil as a garnish. Salmon should replace the cod at some point this week or into early next week.
The pork that is coming in tomorrow is going to get confit 'd in duck fat. The pork that has been being served is good, but needs to be more tender, and there also has been an issue with the fat "burning" on the plancha. Since we really want to serve a crispy skin we cant' use sugar on the marinade so I need to adjust the way that I am cooking it to begin with, and I think this will resolve the issue. I know for sure that I want to stay away from braising the pork like we did years ago at fillips, even though the results were good the effort was not worth the result.
Once we get these resolved, it's on to desserts...

No comments: