Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Some dishes at Town




Town is where I am working currently, helping out my friend Shaun Gouland until I start working on the new restaurant downtown. It's been fun working with Shaun again, and there are a few other guys from Bouley working there as well, Sammy, Domingo and Chef Rudy. Currently I am roasting all the meats and fish for dinner service, but hopefully I will be able to make the rounds and learn as much as possible before I move on. Our canape right now is an orange gelee with a shrimp and avocado salad. Carrot soup served with croutons and a spiced oil. Chilled Lobster Salad with multiple layers of citrus. Also on this is jalapeno, red onion that has been pickled and scallion. Last is the vegetable terrine that is held together with dashi that has been bound with gelatin.

No comments: