Saturday, May 12, 2018

Pineapple Sage Tea (Hot or Cold)

This is a recipe for tea using our pineapple sage up on Lill. This can also be made into a hot tea, but I wanted to post a recipe for Iced Tea, which I think will be a great addition to a bar drink menu. At least this is the idea, it sounds really "sweet" to me, so these measurements probably need to be adjusted. I really just wanted to get this idea jotted down to work with in the future. And its great that even though I'm not in the kitchen right now, I can still get my ideas being I am around these plants and vegetables all day long every day of the week. Think that I"m on my 7'th week right now of the course, that means only 6 more to go! 1/2 cup pineapple juice, for ice cubes in the iced tea 1/2 cup packed fresh pineapple sage leaf 1/4 cup local honey (From Rodeo Farm!) 1 lemon or 1 lime Freeze the pineapple juice in ice cube tray. Bring 1 quart of bottled water to a boil and pour over the sage leaves. Stir in the honey and lemon or lime juice to taste. Steep for 20 minutes. Cool in the ice box until chilled. Pour into a tall glass filled with the pineapple ice cubes. Maybe use a few more leaves, and the flowers if available. If serving hot, pour straight into tea cups with one sage leaf in the bottom.

No comments: